- 5000 Ways You Know You’re From Detroit
- 1849: Detroit Helps Windsor Fight Fire
- 2nd Edition of our Canadian Bestseller Available Again!
- Don’t Know Much About History?
- Snail Mail in Sandwich, Ontario
- A cool place named Oxley. Yeah, O-x-l-e-y.
- Summer in the City: Mid-20th Century
- Lost Children of Windsor
- The Canadian Club Girl: 1897
- Run Like a Girl
- Al Roach
- black and white
- black history
- Canadian Club
- company town
- Detroit River
- Dirty Thirties
- Ford City
- Great Depression
- Hiram Walker
- History Babe
- Ouellette Avenue
- Roaring Twenties
- Walker Road
- Walkerville Publishing
Tag Archives: style
Isn’t this photo a beaut? I’ve been saving it for a while. Tony Beresford, a member of my Windsor Ontario Then facebook group, posted it several months ago but unfortunately, didn’t have much information to go with it. At least … Continue reading
Another great old photo from Charlie Fox. This one shows his mom, Martha Heydon, between two friends in the backyard of a row house on Monmouth Road. Monmouth is still lined with these sturdy brick houses built for the employees … Continue reading
Long-time Walkerville resident Charlie Fox sent me a bunch of old photos. Here is one that I particularly like. He doesn’t know who the lady is but she is definitely warm and looking stylish!